Extending my banner

Wednesday 15 June 2011

I Will...

I wasn't one much for Poems, this one means something to me more than ever.

As i was a teenager, I was forced into going to this re inactment of the pioneers who had crossed the plains of wyoming. All we could take with us for our 3 day trip was whatever we could fit in a 5 Gallon Bucket. I didn't want to go, I didn't have the right attitude and my Mom didn't help the situation at the time.( bless her heart) she wrote this poem on my bucket so I would remember the message.

I will do more than belong, I will Participate.
I will do more than believe, I will Practice.
I will do more than be fair, I will be kind.
I will do more than Forgive, I will Forget.
I will do more than teach , I will Inspire.
I will do more than Earn, I will Enrich.
I will do more than give, I will serve.
I will do more than live, I will grow.

I now appreciate the Poem and I know it is a great reminder for all of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment